English Teacher – ECC Kanto 2013 – 2015
Teaching native spoken english to Japanese students in child, adult and business classes. Specialised in teaching students aged 1-3 in full language immersion classes.
3D Animation – Griffith University 2012 – 2014
Freelance 3D Modelling, animation, final output rendering and compositing.
3D CGI Generalist – Liquid Animation 2012 – 2013
Continued work on “Minnie’s Bowtoons” Disney Television Animation series, Directed by Sorin Oancea. Character, prop and set modelling, texturing and rigging; compositing and vfx animation; junior level pipeline management and workflow automation scripting.
Lighting and compositing for Mattel’s Polly Pocket web series 6, directed by Horst Viola.
2D Animation – Mooncog 2012
2D hand drawn animation and compositing for Thelma Plum‘s (unpublished) “Father Said” music video. 2D animation with Adobe Photoshop, realistic background replacement, tracking and compositing integrated with live action footage with After Effects, filmed and directed by the talented gentlemen at Mooncog.
Promotional Media & Website Design – Versabuild 2012
Directing, filming, editing, title animation, grading and DVD authoring for Versabuild construction systems.
Motion Graphics Designer – Queensland Studies Authority 2012
Freelance storyboarding, animatic and motion graphics design.
Junior Motion Graphics Designer – Josephmark & Studio Breeder 2011-2012
Motion Graphics, animation, 3D modelling, texturing and technical direction for several projects for clients such as the Queensland State Library and Myspace.
Junior Layout Artist/Animator/Render Wrangler/Compositor – Liquid Animation 2011
3D animated series “Minnie’s Bowtique” for Disney Television Animation, Directed by Mike Viner.
Website code & design – David Renn Artist 2011
Producer/Technical Director/3D CGI Generalist – Crosshares 2010
3D animated short created as part of my 3rd year in my BA of Animation. As my own project with fellow classmates Brad Nielsen and Neil Martin, I acted as Writer, Director, Producer, Concept Artist, Character and Environment Modeller, Rigger, Texture Artist, Animator, Editor, Composer and Compositor.
Animator/Compositor – Sushi, I Love You 2010
2D animation, Visual Effects, Digital Backlot and Compositing for a live action student film. Written and Directed by Roman Albert. Produced by Sally Wortley. Winner of GFS Alumni Best VFX and Best Animation. Finalist in the ATOM awards for Best Tertiary Film.
Composer – Whistling in the Dark 2010
Soundtrack composed for a stop-motion animated short by Monica Broadley.
Sound Design – Relief 2010
Sound effects and audio design for an animated short by Moski Tsai and Chi Cheng Chiu.
Volunteer – Royal Brisbane Children’s Hospital 2009
Part-time volunteer work supervising and teaching young children skills and activities involving arts, animation and multimedia.
Sales Assistant – Woolworths Supermarkets 2008 – 2011
Customer service, grocery staff and bakery assistant in a grocery supermarket.
Professional Development Instructor – Queensland Education 2008-2009
Commissioned to tutor secondary school teaching staff in creative applications of Adobe Photoshop, Flash and After Effects.
Work Experience – John Cox’s Creature Workshop 2004
Work experience for a Gold Coast based company specialising in the design and fabrication of static and articulated fantasy creatures, monsters and realistic animals. During my time there I completed many tasks from basic labour and administration specific to a visual effects workplace.
Bachelor of Animation
Griffith University Queensland College of Art – Studied Full Time 3 Years (2010 graduation) Majors in 3D animation and Character animation. Accepted for Honours study with specialization in mutli-medial animation and compositing. (2011)
TEFL & TESOL Certificate
2013 i-to-i Online TEFL Course
Grammar Awareness Training
Teaching Business English Specialisation
Advanced High school grade Japanese
Summer School Language Acceleration course
Institute of Modern Languages
University of Queensland
– Completed 22nd January 2007
NOTABLE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
- Griffith Award for Academic Excellence 2010 for studies in Bachelor of Animation
- Griffith Film Alumni awards 2010 for Best Animation & Best Compositing – Sushi, I Love You
- High school Achievements:
- Academic Dux Award, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- English Subject Award, 2004
- Design Subject Award, 2005
- Social Education Subject Award, 2005
- Film and TV Subject Award, 2006, 2007
- Information Processing Technology Subject Award, 2006, 2007
- Citizenship Award, 2002, 2006
- Cultural Award, 2006, 2007
- Long Service Award for School Band participation, 2007
- Cultural Captain of Victoria Point SHS, 2007
- Mid Level Autodesk Maya Generalist
- Adobe After Effects Motion Graphics Design
- Compositing and visual effects with Shake and Nuke
- Sound Design with Avid Pro Tools
- Music composition and Sound Design with Apple Logic
- 2D animation with Adobe Flash
- Film editing with Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Illustration, photo manipulation, texturing, et al with Adobe Photoshop
- Website Design with Adobe Dreamweaver
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
- Traditional art skills, awards recognised for exhibited works
- Video gaming enthusiast
- Amateur photographer
- International travel
- Short Film competition participation (2006, 2007, 2010)
- 4.5 years learning high school conversational Japanese
- 1.5 years living & working in the greater Tokyo area
- 3 years of learning basic primary school level German
- Previously learnt to play guitar for 6 years and trumpet for 8 years. Performed in music bands in and out of school.
- Amateur music composition